Next Generation QX80 to get Hybrid Powertrain? - Infiniti QX80 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-12-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Default Next Generation QX80 to get Hybrid Powertrain?

What are the chances of the next generation QX80 getting a hybrid powertrain? Infiniti already has this tech, they just need to alter it to become suitable for the size of this SUV.

How much more would you pay for a Hybrid model?
What MPG range would you expect?

post #2 of 5 Old 01-14-2014, 01:47 PM

I don't think that I would opt for the hybrid powertrain. I don't think that the fuel savings would be worth the extra cost in the end.

I'd rather buy a diesel QX80 than a hybrid QX80.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-15-2014, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I don't think that I would opt for the hybrid powertrain. I don't think that the fuel savings would be worth the extra cost in the end.

I'd rather buy a diesel QX80 than a hybrid QX80.
The savings can be worth it. But at this stage, no one is saving big bucks any time soon. But what it does do is offer more power. So more power for the same or better fuel efficiency is a plus.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-15-2014, 11:34 AM

It is hard to imagine any type of powerplant/drive system option for a vehicle that sells around 1,100 units per month. The necessary expense of certification alone would almost certainly keep any thots of a hybrid, or Diesel powered QX80 from ever even entering the minds of Infiniti corporate sales vice-presidents.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-20-2015, 10:05 PM

I just purchased a 2015 qx80. I love it. Gas mileage on trips is 14.5 average. It's 5 mpg behind a fx37. We also own a q50s hybrid which gains a steady 20mpg all around BEATING it. I think a diesel would be an ok option. Hybrid would be a waste- although the 3.5/electric motor would put the torgue numbers on the V8 to shame. If anything - Infiniti should do dual intake and dual exhaust. Bring HP of the V8 up to say 460/460tq then I'd say you would see at least 24mpg highway. Win win.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page