Streaming Video from Cell Phone to Entertainment Monitors - Infiniti QX80 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-19-2017, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Default Streaming Video from Cell Phone to Entertainment Monitors

Hey Guys,
I just purchased a 2012 QX56 for my Fiancé and family and I am trying to determine what the easiest way is to play videos from our phones instead of DVD's. I assume that with a proper cable I can plug into the Aux RCA jacks but I want to know what everyone has done before I go getting adapter cables that don't work. We would need a cable that works for a mini USB (Samsung S7) and Iphone 7 or IPad style connector. If 2 cables are needed that's fine. The Iphone connector would be the preferred of the 2. Thanks
post #2 of 2 Old 02-19-2019, 11:01 PM

We don’t have the rear dvd in our qx80. The iPad been doing a good job keeping the kids occupied. But when we have the Qx60 with it, I was tempted to get what you’re requested. The setup below is for for iPhone.
Basically, you would need serveral items to have the iPhone play to the monitors.
- The apple accessory- lightning cable out to HDMI(needs power via usb)
- HDMI to RCA convertor (needs power via usb)
- RCA cables to the either front or rear aux(front aux can provide sound to car speakers, rear aux can only only get sound through wireless headset)

You can get all these items through amazon. It should work. Good luck with the cable management.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page