2014 QX80 vs Range Rover Sport vs Highlander vs Durango Mega Mashup Review - Infiniti QX80 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 01-14-2014, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

post #2 of 13 Old 01-14-2014, 08:52 AM

I found it weird how they're putting a Durango and QX80 in a review together, i wouldn't even compare the two of them. The dodge is a dodge.
Infiniti is luxury, better to compare it to the range rover.

post #3 of 13 Old 01-22-2014, 11:26 AM

its all about needs, who cares what box you want to put them into. They all have 3 rows, v8s and are competent towers. Many families of means don't drive luxury vehicles. A good friend of mine is parter at a large criminal law firm and hes been driving Honda Accords for 20 years. Why? because it fits his needs.

post #4 of 13 Old 01-22-2014, 01:24 PM

I do agree. Many people would rather get a cheaper but still nice vehicle and save that extra money per month for something else. College savings fund, family vacation, investments. Having said that, i really don't like Dodge. QX80 or Range Rover if you are looking up market and the Highlander if you want something cheaper.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-24-2014, 08:29 AM

and to add to that, i doubt someone who has the money to by a Range Rover will consider buying an Infiniti. While Range Rover is well known for their high end SUV's, Infiniti is viewed quite low compared to them.

post #6 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 12:06 PM

Range Rovers are also known to leave you stranded with reliability issues. not to mention they're more expensive to fix then your average german ware.
post #7 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwood View Post
Range Rovers are also known to leave you stranded with reliability issues. not to mention they're more expensive to fix then your average german ware.
thats what happens with a lot of high tech German and British vehicles, still worth getting them if you have the money.

if it's expensive to you to fix it, you shouldn't be buying it, simple as that.

post #8 of 13 Old 01-28-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxurious View Post
thats what happens with a lot of high tech German and British vehicles, still worth getting them if you have the money.

if it's expensive to you to fix it, you shouldn't be buying it, simple as that.
no its expensive to fix for everyone. Why do you think at least 3/4 of german volume is leases.

So by your rationale I should spend $70K on a new vehicle and then be perfectly happy sinking at least half the MSRP into repairs, or are you saying i should buy a quality product with no quality?

because I've always known luxury to be quality....

Last edited by fleetwood; 01-28-2014 at 12:06 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-29-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwood View Post
no its expensive to fix for everyone. Why do you think at least 3/4 of german volume is leases.

So by your rationale I should spend $70K on a new vehicle and then be perfectly happy sinking at least half the MSRP into repairs, or are you saying i should buy a quality product with no quality?

because I've always known luxury to be quality....
Im saying if it's too expensive for you to fix, then it's not for you. Some people can justify the cost, some can't, you have to pay to plya

post #10 of 13 Old 01-29-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxurious View Post
Im saying if it's too expensive for you to fix, then it's not for you. Some people can justify the cost, some can't, you have to pay to plya
you missed the point. ALL German cars are exorbitantly expensive to fix, which wouldn't be a problem if they were reliable, but they're not. I'll say it again theres a reason most german volume is in leases, NOBODY wants a german luxury car out of warranty. NOBODY.

Ever wonder why you never see 90's/early 2000's range rovers on the road? Nobody wants to fix them...

See where this is going.... It was never a question of paying or playing. But how frequently does one have to pay before it becomes surreal?

its a frequency thing..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page