Infiniti QX80 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
This is why I love the QX80, it has all the space and power you can ever want in an SUV. I bet a hybrid version with electric motors at the wheels and still V8 equipped will be able to haul just as much or more and get better fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm so glad that TFL Cars do these real world tests. I'm not sure if I really plan to drag race while I'm towing a boat, but the video is still interesting to watch. Seems like a test that they would do on Top Gear. What else can they put behind the QX80 while they test it?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm so glad that TFL Cars do these real world tests. I'm not sure if I really plan to drag race while I'm towing a boat, but the video is still interesting to watch. Seems like a test that they would do on Top Gear. What else can they put behind the QX80 while they test it?
It's good to see these straight line tests, just to see the potential it has. Good to know if you know you will be going up some inclines. Some places have a lot of hills and people who drive their will want to know this stuff

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep you can count on TFL to bring the goods
They need to do more testing on all the cars they do.. all sorts of testing. Because I can't get enough of them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Never really thought about exactly how much towing something would affect things like 0-60 times. Doubling the 0-60 time is pretty significant. Really its less about how much acceleration you have while towing, and more that the QX80 is capable of towing and still keeping its speed up. You know, more about function than speed and performance.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Never really thought about exactly how much towing something would affect things like 0-60 times. Doubling the 0-60 time is pretty significant. Really its less about how much acceleration you have while towing, and more that the QX80 is capable of towing and still keeping its speed up. You know, more about function than speed and performance.
Still... knowing how fast you can go, from a stand still to 60, is good to know. Things like this just give people a better idea of what to expect from the QX80 as some might not even discover things like this even though they might own one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
not any 0-60
0-60 TOWING
Yup.
Even then some might say 0-60 towing is irrelevant, but still good to know it's potential. A lot of consumers wont be pushing it hard, likely they'll be taking it easy from a standstill to 60, 80, 100, etc. Some might hammer it every so often

·
Registered
103 Posts
0-60 with a trailer is quite important. You want the car to be comfortable towing, not screaming at the limit and lurching its way to highway speeds.

More importantly I would like to see a 30-60 towing test to simulate on ramp acceleration and 60-70 towing test to simulate overtaking.

·
Registered
283 Posts
0-60 with a trailer is quite important. You want the car to be comfortable towing, not screaming at the limit and lurching its way to highway speeds.

More importantly I would like to see a 30-60 towing test to simulate on ramp acceleration and 60-70 towing test to simulate overtaking.
thankfully it has a V8.
seeing a torque curve would be great but i bet it has some really good torque output at the low RPM range, great for towing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
thankfully it has a V8.
seeing a torque curve would be great but i bet it has some really good torque output at the low RPM range, great for towing.
the Ferrari 458 italia has a v8, how many people tow with one of those? torque curves will tell you where your peak values are but i want tangible times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts