Infiniti QX80 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Infiniti USA website right now is this picture of the QX80. One thing I noticed is that the rear end doesn't have a badge indicating it's a QX80. Seems like Infiniti wants to keep a cleaner looking exterior with the least amount of badges possible. I like it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looking good as always. It's a big car and demands its share of road presence.
Yup, the only thing i dislike is the fender badge. If it comes down to it, i might get a body shop to delete it for me on a set of brand new fenders.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't even think Infiniti has QX80s with QX80 badges yet.

They all still have QX badges. (at least the ones i've seen.)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I kinda wish that the trunk was less square and had a slight bit more of a sharp angle on it. I don't care much about whether or not it gets badges as long as it doesn't look like Infiniti threw up badges all over the back of the car. Would a bit more of an angled back side make the QX80 look like a minivan or could it be done so that it just looked a bit more sporty and less boxy?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I kinda wish that the trunk was less square and had a slight bit more of a sharp angle on it. I don't care much about whether or not it gets badges as long as it doesn't look like Infiniti threw up badges all over the back of the car. Would a bit more of an angled back side make the QX80 look like a minivan or could it be done so that it just looked a bit more sporty and less boxy?
I see what you mean...

Looking at the side profile and rear profile, I know a sloping roof will help it out a lot. Infiniti made a mistake by having a boxy frame, it just doesn't go with the design. GM did a better job of this...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think infiniti opted with a boxer square design to accomodate space inside but yes a slope or angle would be a bit more appealing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think infiniti opted with a boxer square design to accomodate space inside but yes a slope or angle would be a bit more appealing.
I wouldn't doubt that, Infiniti has done a good job at making their vehicles versatile and the Q56/QX80 is no different. At least with the QX80 they haven't sacrificed space here. But i have a feeling with next gen models they will sacrifice space for design.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wouldn't doubt that, Infiniti has done a good job at making their vehicles versatile and the Q56/QX80 is no different. At least with the QX80 they haven't sacrificed space here. But i have a feeling with next gen models they will sacrifice space for design.
With a car like this it is a balance between style and function. Most full size SUV buyers care more about function than style I would guess, or else they would opt for a slightly smaller model that has a lot more nice design elements.

If the QX80 falls behind its competitors in terms of interior space, it will be a big minus for people who are shopping for a large SUV. Especially since the QX80 already costs quite a bit more than most of its rivals.

·
Registered
41 Posts
easy way to solve that is to do what Cadillac does and offer a long wheel base model, the space gained by doing that adds a lot more space = problem solved

·
Registered
6 Posts
Styling

I was not a fan of all. The chrome, nor did I like the fender vent in the front. I immediately took mine in and got it all removed. Now it's exactly the way I want it. Great automobile.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was not a fan of all. The chrome, nor did I like the fender vent in the front. I immediately took mine in and got it all removed. Now it's exactly the way I want it. Great automobile.
same here, my biggest issue was the chrome front grille, being in black it makes a big difference, best way to clean up the front end.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts