Infiniti QX80 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your usualy process for washing your QX80? or are you one of those owners who never wash their car :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
I hate to say it but im one of those guys that don't stay on top of cleaning his QX80. i'll run it through an automated touchless car wash and when i get the time, take it to a detailer to clean it properly

·
Registered
283 Posts
drive through car washes are fun :D
it's just too bad they don't all do a perfect job, still better than having to clean it yourself by hand

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't need it to be spotless, but when it gets really dirty I hope for rain by doing the rain dance, or I take it through a automatic car wash. I try to get my cars in colors that don't show dirt as much so that it isn't as obvious when I haven't cleaned my car in a while.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't need it to be spotless, but when it gets really dirty I hope for rain by doing the rain dance, or I take it through a automatic car wash. I try to get my cars in colors that don't show dirt as much so that it isn't as obvious when I haven't cleaned my car in a while.
x2.

It's why I hate black and white cars, rather go for Silver or some color along the lines of it that can "hide" dirt.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you always have sealant or wax on those touchless washes will be able to clean it pretty easily.

·
Registered
283 Posts
if you always have sealant or wax on those touchless washes will be able to clean it pretty easily.
thats what i heard, the chemicals they use are pretty strong. but i know some paint sealants will hold up very well over time, some even said to be permanent, opti coat being one of them

·
Registered
22 Posts
I take ours to my dealer ( FREE ). They run it thru a washer that does a pretty good job. As long as they use clean towels, the job looks good. I had all kinds of problems getting all the glue that held the plastic film sheets on that protected the paint and wheels off and it collected dust. Finally after much scrubbing by me, and 2 previous returns to my dealer for them to do nothing more than run it thru their washer ( no help whatsoever ) it all came off. I have paint protectant film on the forward facing surfaces...that helps with gravel/rocks/bugs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts