Infiniti QX80 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
image.jpg I just bought a 2014 QX80 about a month ago. It immediately went to the shop for paint work. So far, it seems to be the only Murdered out QX in our area so far. Love this car so far.

Hopefully pictures will attach.

Thank you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
welcome to the forum!
what did you use to murder-out your QX80? Black Plasti-Dip?
did you do anything to the interior as yet or are you even planning to?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Luxurious - the paint was done by a paint and body shop near me that handles all the dealership work. They color matched the areas on the car that were previously chrome and then the wheels were done in a grey-ish matte finish to give it some contrast off the tire color and not to mimic the paint. It took about 4 tries but we finally got the color right.

@Snowplow - Factory tint on back came standard and I added "dark" everywhere but front windshield. I have found that with Nav and other colored electronics in the car, the windshield tint is unbearable at night with reflection. As it is, you cant see in.

I am looking for some ideas to add daytime running lights. Any ideas? Can the fog lights be re-wired to run with ignition ON?

·
Registered
283 Posts
it would be hard to get a light like that into the front end of the QX80 and to still have it look good. I would just retrofit the fog lights to hold a projector with an HID.

Or just keep headlights on all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts