Infiniti QX80 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Both SUV's have their purposes, the Cayenne is a true sporty SUV that is far more sports car like than any other SUV's out there and the QX56 is just the Japanese version of an Escalade, easy way to put it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep/ The cayenne is more agile and sportier but not as large as the QX80. The QX80 feels roomier and has more storage space.

·
Registered
41 Posts
it's simple, if you want practicality, get the QX80. it's an SUV that will go anywhere you want it to, carry as many people as you need and haul anything you want.

Cayenne is for people with no as many demands that still want something upscale, sporty and luxurious that makes a statement.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well to be fair the Cayenne has good storage space too. And can seat many adults comfortably.

The QX80 just does a better job at that. Whats pricing for the Cayenne like? I'd imagine a bit pricier than the QX80?

·
Registered
283 Posts
The QX80 is also a 7 seater, it was made to haul people around in. The Cayenne wasn't really aimed to do that but it does seat 5 people very well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't think Porsche enthusiasts would be too happy with an even bigger SUV. :)
a specific type might not, the one's that want a traditional Porsche, but Porsche wants to expand and tap into different car markets. If they really want to do that, offering a bigger SUV might be a good way to get some new customers and fill in the demand for an SUV like it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
a specific type might not, the one's that want a traditional Porsche, but Porsche wants to expand and tap into different car markets. If they really want to do that, offering a bigger SUV might be a good way to get some new customers and fill in the demand for an SUV like it.
Why? There is no big SUV in the entire VW portfolio so clearly the entire company has decided to let that segment slide. Its very low volume when compared to the segments Cayenne and Macan compete in. It won;t just be porsche enthusiasts pissed off, anyone who appreciates wheels will scream abortion.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Porsche has released the Macan. Which is a smaller SUV.

The market wants smaller SUVs. The market for large SUVs is slowly shrinking.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Most of the time I tell these Porsche SUV haters that they are too set in their ways, but if Porsche made a full size SUV, I would also cry bloody murder. I just don't think that would be good for their brand. The QX80 still sells pretty well though. I think they make a large margin off the full size SUVs even if they are not moved in large numbers.

My reaction to Porsche full size SUV:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Porsche has released the Macan. Which is a smaller SUV.

The market wants smaller SUVs. The market for large SUVs is slowly shrinking.
With rising gas prices thats what happens, vehicles people bought years ago just come nowhere close to getting the type of gas mileage that the cars of today get. Time to upgrade and downsize.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts